Wednesday, February 27, 2013

3 months old!

Time. Is. Flying.
Where is the pause life button?!
I'm just loving every moment lately

this is super long, but it's everything I want to remember! enjoy :)

stats- she was weighed and measured last week, coming in at a whopping 10 lbs 6 oz, and 23 1/4 inches long. 10% for weight, 50% for height. Not even close to fitting into her 3-6 months clothes

eye doctor- Hannah visited the Opthalmologist this month, where she did amazing! She had a complete eye exam and had her eyes dilated. Good news, she's not cross eyed! happy parents, right here

tortecollis- The definition of this word sounds way scarier than Hannah's condition seems. Basically, she favors turning her head to the right, and therefore, is developing a slightly miss-shaped head. She probably had her head to the right while in the womb, and this is the reason. I feel like she has improved over the last month, but when she is straining during tummy time, she will only crank her neck to the right, and won't move it. So her Pediatrician wants her to do physical therapy. Oh joy, I'm sure she will love that!...... I'm glad her Ped is so thoroughly watching out for her though.  

it takes serious concentration to hold your head up! 
she doesn't crank her neck when she's up on a pillow
doesn't hate it

nursing- Nursing is going SO much better!! She has finally stopped crying during it, and will eat a full meal in 10-20 minutes!!!! Used to take 45! She is also no longer taking reflux meds, and still eats every 3 hours.

sleep- Hannah has back tracked, major, with sleep at night... She has slept great from day 1, but now, not so much.. She goes to bed between 7 & 8:30 and sleeps until 6 or 7. She eats 2-3 times at night now, and I usually have to give her her paci a couple of times in between. She often has a grunty/gassy time of night too. Thank goodness for gripe water, gets her calmed and right back to sleep! 

naps- She still loves her 30 minute cat-naps, and can't stay awake for more than 1 hour usually. I've discovered this past week that if I hold her for her afternoon nap, she will sleep longer. If I'm holding her past that 30 minute mark, she may even sleep 2-3 hours!! Woohoo! I've even been able to take a nap! 

california- As my parents were passing through Las Vegas one day, I made a last minute decision to have them drop off my Mom, and have her drive to their house in California with me. That way I could tend to Hannah if/when she cried. We then decided if we drove after she fell asleep for the night, she may not wake up at all! So at 9:30pm we started our drive. Hannah didn't wake up! I stayed a few days, while Scott studied his brains out back in Las Vegas. I drove back home with just Hannah, and tried out our driving late into the night trick again. Worked great! 

Grandma O'Bryant

the cat loved her

favorite things- hasn't tried grabbing toys yet, but loves to watch them as we dance them around her! She loves to watch the TV, occasional Baby Einstein movies, and Skype. Loves going on walks. Loves to talk back and forth with us, and to her mobile. Loves looking at and sucking on her fist. Loves to have on nothing but a diaper. Loves when we sing/play pat-a-cake, or any song that involves moving her arms and legs. Loves to look at books. Still loves her bath, swing, paci, being swaddled, diaper changes, and changing pad. 



oh hey fist

our happy, talkative, crazy haired baby

Two cuties ready for church!

 hanging out in primary with me!

loves bathtime 

loves watching Baby Einstein


 being cute

 hanging out while Dad studies



 out for a walk in the park

first Valentine's Day- The biggest treat of Valentine's Day, was having Scott home at dinner time! This semester, Scott is at school 14-16 hours a day, and several hours on Saturday- so grateful for him! So he picked up some chinese take out on his way home, and some pretty flowers, and the three of us had such a relaxed night just being home, and not doing anything school related! 



No comments:

Post a Comment