Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Little Munchkin

Our little Miss Hannah Lewis is 2 weeks old already!
She was born Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 3:43am.
6 lb 4 oz, 19 inches long!
and ohhhh how we love her!
The week before she was born, at my 38 week appointment
I was still measuring behind schedule and my doctor said he was feeling "anxious" 
and thought we should induce me sometime during my 39th week. 
He said he had no reason to think she was doing poorly in there, 
but no reason to think she was thriving either.  
I really, really did not want to be induced. 
After all this time, I was so exciting to be able to go into labor!
So I was nervous, and a little bummed out too.
I thought about it for a week, 
and finally decided that I go to a doctor for a reason, 
I should do what he suggests. 
At my 39 week appointment, we talked about it again.
 I had decided to be induced Thursday, November 29. 
But I quickly learned that was not a day they could induce me.
Long story short, I was being induced in 4 hours. 
gulp..
I tried to stay calm.
Scott was in class, and we were discussing through text. 
I was so very nervous.
By the time Scott got home, I felt very good about our decision, 
and as ready as possible. 
So we checked in. 

**Did I mention that the hospital we planned to deliver at 
was booked solid for the week for inductions?!
So last minute we had to go to another hospital that I had never been to!
We google mapped it on the way, and somehow the map took us to the Animal Hospital instead! 
It was so not funny at the time, because we were running late, and I was anxious!
But now it makes me laugh.
Dang Iphone map update that doesn't work now!**

They started the pitocin at about 8:30 pm,
Gave me an epidural a couple hours later (heaven-sent),
And then basically told us to go to sleep for the night. 
the nurses had me convinced I wouldn't have her for 12-20 hours.
Wrong-o!
I'll spare you all the lovely details, but at 2:45ish
I asked the nurse if I should be feeling as much as I was, 
or if they could possibly up my epidural 
(thinking I still had 10+ hours to endure). 
She checked how I was progressing, 
and told me I was about to have this baby!
I was clueless! 
She told me to lay still and to not push at all. 
They were calling my Doctor. 
Doctor came very soon,
 I pushed for less than 30 minutes,
and just like that,
we had ourselves a baby!!!








Highlights from her first 2 weeks of life:
- Laughing out loud, three times. First time was at 2 days old! 
I heard it, looked over at her in disbelief, and she was smiling huge. 
Totally asleep. Funny baby
- Sleeping a 6 hour stretch pretty much every night
-Learning to roll from hip to hip. 
-Loooves her pacifier (don't judge me), doesn't love when she drops it
- Sucking her thumb
 
I almost always have her hands in gloves, 
so she rarely gets the chance to attempt this again. 
But she has done it twice now. 
-Breaks out of mom's unbreakable swaddles
- Loves driving in the car. Lulls her to sleep
- Going on a walk around the neighborhood. 
Her jacket was a little big
- Mastered the lip pucker 
(we will have to break this habit before kindergarten) 





We sure love you Hannah girl!!!







5 comments:

  1. Jenesee, Hannah is absolutely darling. I love how sweet the pictures are. Especially the one where she is peering up at Scott. She loves her Daddy! I am so glad that you had a good labor. It can always be a little nerve racking and whew so, glad you mad e it to the right hospital... eek! That is AWESOME that she sleeps 6 hours for you...Lucky momma!! Thanks for the pictures and I can hardly wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She could not be more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful!! I am so happy for you, and happy that you have a blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss her! She really is so adorable. I love seeing her look at her daddy too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious! I can't believe she's smiling and laughing already. She's a happy girl! Glad things turned out alright for everybody. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete