Two months old
We started off the month with a bit of a rough start. Shelby was having a couple really fussy weeks, and had a diaper rash I couldn't seem to get rid of :( but once I got it in control, and learned that she needs cream on her bum always, it was smooth sailing!
At 7 weeks old, Shelby is suddenly the happiest, most content little baby!! It melts my heart and shocks me constantly. (Hannah was so rarely content unless she was being carried, bounced, rocked, and entertained.. Until she was ONE and walking!)
Stats: 10 lb 13 oz, 50th % for weight and height. Wearing mostly 0-3 month clothes, with a couple 3-6 months.
My Favorites: I absolutely love how much she smiles and talks to us. I'll never stop loving watching Hannah with her.
Her favorites: Her swing! Being outside, music, bath, and when we smile and talk to her. She goes into full on coo and babble mode, and it is the cutest thing ever.
Challenges: diaper rash. I finally realized the problem was that she was literally pooping every 5 minutes. Her poor bum! I kept her covered in ointment, and just changed her diaper constantly. She finally got her poops in order, and is doing much better :) Car. Oh, how Shelby hates the car..
Sleep: she's doing really well! Finally got her days and nights figured out. At 6 weeks old, she was sleeping 7pm-7am, waking 2-3 times to eat, and by 7.5 weeks old she was down to eating only once a night! At 8 weeks old she slept an 8 hr stretch! Naps are not consistent, and she still loves a daily 4-6 hour nap, but I try hard to avoid those.
Milestones: cooing/babbling/talking at 5 weeks old. Definitely one of my most favorite baby stages.
And lots of pictures, in no particular order...
Just barely over a month old here
mornings are such a happy time with these two!
We all wake up between 6:30 and 7, which works out really well for us.
Hanging out with me while I ate lunch
This is how i cook dinner everyday.
One kid at my feet, and one kid strapped on me.
It's the life- no sarcasm here!!
Dad's had lots of late nights at school lately.
He left early one day so he could tend the girls (in the waiting room) while I went to a doctors appointment.
Love when he's around!
Just being adorable and happy.
Oh, and modeling a bow for my shop :)
Her sounds kill me!! So adorable
All dressed up for church
This is how dad babysits.. Elmo!
No, I did not approve of this!! But they were too cute not to snap a pic
Sleeping babies are the cutest things ever.
And yes, she lays on "silk" so she doesn't rub off a bald spot! ;)
My parents stopped by for a day!
modeling bows again, and feeling festive in her Halloween attire
Not to compare, but yes to compare..
Hannah at 2 months:
and Shelby at 2 months:
The short naps set in towards the end of her 2nd month.
So while Hannah naps, Shelbs and I hang out
always have to go "see baby!" when Shelby wakes up
Shelby really cheers Hannah up when she's sad
I love the after nursing snuggles
We love you Shelby!!





No comments:
Post a Comment