Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Shelby- 1 month old

September 6, 2014-
Shelby is already a month old, and it really has flown by!

Somehow I "planned" to have both Shelby and Hannah during finals week for Scott. As unfortunate as that sounds, it was also amazing, because he had a couple weeks off from school a few days later. So we have been completely spoiled having him home for a smooth adjustment to life as a family of 4. 

The last month we have had both our Lewis and O'Bryant grandparents come to visit, and we have also been able to go to California and Utah and visit them! 

Stats: 9lb 3 oz, 50th percentile for weight, 25 percentile for height. 
My Favorites: Watching Hannah with Shelby. Hannah is very aware of Shelby. She says, "oh no, baby!!" anytime Shelby cries. She also loves to "hold you, baby?". She always calls Shelby, "baby", even though she can say "Shelby"perfectly. But mostly it comes out as "shel-boo" 
Her favorites: Singing. For some reason I never sang much to Hannah, but my first night with Shelby in the hospital was long. She would not sleep until I sang her to sleep. She loves it.  Shelby prefers laying on the floor rather than her bouncer seat or swing- totally opposite of Hannah. She also loves to be outside. She also prefers to be carried in the football position, at least that's true when I'm holding her.
Challenges: Shelby hates the car... Somehow we got so lucky and she slept the whole time on both our road trips, but every other time, she screams the whole way :( She also doesn't want to be put down, ever. She really does not like having the hiccups, and gets them multiple times a day. Poor girl!
Sleep: she's just starting to figure out her days and nights, correctly. Most nights we spend 1-3 hours at a time bouncing her and pacing the house, usually around 2am. Besides that, she will sleep 2-3 hours before waking to nurse. 
Milestones: at 4 weeks she is smiling, on purpose! 

first bath.. which she did not like. 


 Just as we began a 3.5 hour road trip, I changed her diaper. She decided to go, twice, in the middle of it!! It was absolutely everywhere.. And I didn't have a change of clothes handy, sooo, yep! I just sat there in poo clothes :)



These next two photos melt my heart. Hannah was so interested in Shelby when we brought her home from the hospital. I watched Hannah, multiple times, just stand and watch her, contemplating what to do. Eventually she started to leave things for Shelby by the swing. She even left her beloved balloon.. my heart!!! 


Happy due date, Shelby!


While at my parent's house in California, my dad took some "newborns" for us! 



 Sleeping all day, partying all night..

First day of church! 
yes, I took her to church at only 2.5 weeks old. She stayed in her car seat, covered, pretty much the whole time. We'd been everywhere else with her, I figured I didn't have any excuse to not go to church! Plus, I really wanted to keep Hannah going to nursery, since we had finally been having tear-free success!

Hannah loves holding Shelby

 Real life is looking like this these days. 
And I love it.

While in Utah we stopped to visit my sister and her family. 
Quincee is always so smitten with babies!


Caught some of her first smiles!

My mom makes these incredibly beautiful and special quilts for each of her grandkids. They take over 50 hours to make! I couldn't love them more!! Each one is so unique. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to meet Shelby! And I can't believe your uterus was hemorrhaging! Yikes! Glad everything worked out. I'm sure labor will be much better next time. :)

    ReplyDelete